Are there any Published ISO Lean Six Sigma Standards?
- ISO 13053:2011 Part 1 Quantitative methods in process improvement – Six Sigma – DMAIC Methodology
- ISO 13053:2011 Part 2 Quantitative methods in process improvement – Six Sigma – Tools and Techniques
- ISO 17258:2015 Statistical methods – Six Sigma – Basic criteria underlying benchmarking for Six Sigma in organisations
- ISO 18404:2015 Quantitative methods in process improvement – Six Sigma – Competencies for key personnel and their organizations in relation to Six Sigma and Lean implementation
- ISO/TR 16705:2016 Statistical methods for implementation of Six Sigma — Selected illustrations of contingency table analysis
The above are all standards that are directly associated with Lean Six Sigma. It is important to note, however, that the approach taken in Lean Six Sigma can dramatically help organisations meet some of the requirements and components of certification with respect to other schemes.
For example, the fulfilment of the clauses around organisational planning and control, performance evaluation, analysis and improvement that are common in schemes such as ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013 can be very positively impacted by an appropriate usage of the Lean Six Sigma philosophy, culture and tools.
For more information about Lean Six Sigma standards please visit the ISO/TC 69/SC 7 Secretariat.